If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta al Forno


I found this recipe on the blog Annie's Eats via Pinterest.  (If you don't know what Pinterest is,  you have yet to indulge in one of the most addicting sites on the internet!  Don't say I didn't warn you...)
I didn't have canned tomatoes, but I DID have fresh tomatoes from my mother-in-law's garden.  I added a few pinched of Italian seasonings and they were fantastic!  (I skipped the oregano)
Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta al Forno
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2-14 oz. cans diced Italian plum tomatoes
1 tsp. dried oregano
S&P
1 lb. pasta (tubes)
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed
2/3 c. parmesan
Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic and cook over medium high heat, 1 min. Add tomatoes and oregano and simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally until thickened, 15 min. Add S&P. Meanwhile, cook pasta. Toss pasta with sauce. Place half of pasta in an oiled 9×13” dish. Cover with half parmesan and half mozzarella. Top with remaining pasta, then parmesan and mozzarella. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
Source: Pasta by Dorling Kindersley

No comments:

Post a Comment