If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Leftover Pies



I saw a version of this recipe in a Southern Living cookbook, but it was for small appetizers.  I modified it to make it into dinner.  Baking time is the same no matter what size, so do whatever you want!

The recipe actually called for specific ingredients, but I threw all that out the window and asked Chris and his parents which leftovers they would each like to have in their pie.  I custom made each one.  (I drew a "map" of where each one was on the cookie sheet so I wouldn't mix up who ordered what!)

I put turkey, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, asparagus au gratin, and spirited carrots in mine.  Chris just had turkey, stuffing and gravy.  His mom wanted mashed potatoes, turkey, gravy and carrots, and his dad wanted turkey, stuffing, gravy, carrots and asparagus.

You could make these with just about any kind of leftovers to create a "new" meal the next night.

I bought a refrigerated pie crust and cut each circle in half.  Fill one side, fold it over into a triangle, then press the edges closed with a fork.  Place them on a lightly greased baking sheet.  Brush with one egg, beaten.  Bake for 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment