If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Shrimp & Broccoli Fettuccine

 Alas, this was not among my favorites for the cooking cremes (Enchiladas still win!).  Not bad, but I would make some changes the next time.  I used a whole pound of shrimp (what was I going to do with 1/4 pound that would've been left?) which turned out to be too much (boyfriend said that he prefers his shrimp breaded) and I left out the tomatoes as he doesn't care for them and a 1/4 cup seemed negligible.  I wasn't sure how far the cream sauce would go so I didn't add more broccoli as I was inclined.  One cup of broccoli is not enough, particularly if you want to make this a one dish meal.  I would increase the amount of pasta, double the broccoli, and use a 1/2 pound of shrimp (which would leave enough to make it again another time! - and more economical too).  If and when I make it again, I'll let you know how the changes came out.

1/4 lb. fettuccine, uncooked
1 cup broccoli florets
3/4 lb. frozen cooked cleaned medium shrimp, thawed
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tub (10 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Savory Lemon & Herb Cooking Creme
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes

Directions

Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding broccoli for the last 3 min. Drain; keep warm.
Cook and stir shrimp and garlic in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 2 to 3 min. or until shrimp are heated through. Add cooking creme and milk; cook and stir 2 min.
Add pasta to shrimp mixture; mix lightly. Top with tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment