If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Chicken Cordon Bleu Stuffed Shells


This recipe is DIVINE.

I love anything with the flavors of chicken cordon bleu.  So when I saw this in the October 2014 issue of Woman's Day, I had to try it.

I made a few minor changes.  I used Swiss instead of Gruyere and 1/4 tsp of dried thyme instead of fresh tarragon.  I was lazy at the store and there was a long line at the deli, so I bought cubed cooked ham instead.  I think I would do that again.  It's perfect for this recipe.

Also, I fear the broiler, so I just uncovered it and kept baking it for about 5 minutes.

This recipe was in paragraph form, so I just typed it up that way too.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Stuffed Shells

Heat oven to 400.  Cook 16 jumbo shells (from a 12 oz box) according to package directions.  Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.  Prepare the Bechamel and spread all but 1/2 cup of the sauce on the bottom of a large broiler proof baking dish.

In a large bowl, whisk together the 1/2 cup Bechamel with 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard and 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce.  Toss with 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken.  Fold in 3/4 grated Gruyere cheese, 2 oz thinly sliced deli ham (cut into 1/2 inch pieces), 1/2 a small red onion (finely chopped), 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon (chopped), and 1/2 tsp pepper.

Spoon the mixture into the shells (about 1/4 cup each) and place on top of the sauce.  In a bowl combine 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs and 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil.  Sprinkle over the shells.  Cover with foil and bake until the shells are heated through, 12-15 minutes.  Heat broiler.  Uncover and broil until the cheese begins to brown, 2-3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment