If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Pimiento Cheese


I was looking for a "southern" appetizer to go with my Soul Food theme for a dinner party I was having and I found this recipe.  It is so yummy!  I've made it several times since then, and it is always gobbled down by guests.

I prefer to make it with finely shredded cheese.  And I didn't want to grate an onion just for 1 tsp., so I used dried onion instead.

Click here for the original recipe on the Southern Living website.

Basic Pimiento Cheese Recipe

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. finely grated onion
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
1 (8-oz.) block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
1 (8-oz.) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded

Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in cheese. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.


No comments:

Post a Comment