If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Sloppy Joes

I have realized that I have never posted Sloppy Joes on here.  We (the boyfriend really) found this recipe a number of years ago and we made it and called it good.  And then I tried to make the stuff in the can (I was looking for a quick and easy dinner one night) and ... omg - I just can't eat that stuff any more.  The flavor isn't right, etc etc.  So now I make this on the regular.  It's actually still pretty easy, chop your veg, a bit of browning the meat, add all the ingredients (start measuring out while you're tending the beef), and then let it simmer for a half hour.  I usually size it up to 9 servings and use a pound and a half of ground beef - that way I'm sure there's plenty, especially if we're hungry.



1 pound lean ground beef
¼ cup chopped onion
¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
¾ cup ketchup
3 teaspoons brown sugar
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste

Step 1
In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.

 Step 2
Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment