If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fiesta Corn Chip Salad

OK, this sounded a little odd, but I took a chance on it.  And oh. my. GOD.  It is GOOD!  It makes a lot, so cut it down a little if you're not having a cookout!  We ate it for three days.  (And yet, I never got a picture of it!)

To keep the chips from getting soggy, I kept them separate and just added them to the amount we were planning to eat right away, rather than add them all at once since I knew we wouldn't eat it all in one sitting.

This recipe comes from Taste of Home Simple & Delicious, June/July 2012.

Fiesta Corn Chip Salad

2 cans whole kernel corn, drained (15.25 oz each)
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (8 oz)
1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1/8 tsp salt (I skipped it, didn't miss it)
1/8 tsp pepper
1 9.25 oz chili cheese flavored corn chips, crushed but still in big pieces

Mix all ingredients except corn chips in a large bowl.  Chill.  Stir in chips just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment