If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Kim's Grilled Chicken Salad


Originally I had planned to make the Crockin' Girls chicken salad recipe, but I didn't have a whole chicken in the freezer like I thought I did.  And they weren't on sale -- I can't stand paying full price for something that is BOGO all the time!

So, I decided to take some elements of that recipe and come up with my own.  We marinated the chicken in Italian dressing and grilled it, which gives this salad a delicious flavor!  I used my Pampered Chef chopper to cut it into fine pieces.

All of the amounts are based on your own taste.  I didn't measure anything, so I'm giving approximate amounts here.  Put in more of what you like, and less of what you don't!

I was amazed that the chicken salad was so good with absolutely NO spices.

Kim's Grilled Chicken Salad

1 pound grilled chicken (marinated in Italian dressing), shredded or chopped fine
20 red grapes, halved
1/2 an apple, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup cashews
mayo to the texture you like (Less is more! You can always add more, but you can't take any away.  I think I used about 1/4 cup.)

I served the chicken salad on wheat bread, but it would be great on a baguette or crackers too.  Chris had a slice of tomato on his, but I didn't like the taste of that because the chicken salad is sweet.  He thought it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment