If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Angel Chicken

For Christmas this year my sister got me the Crockin Girls cookbook -- what a fantastic collection of recipes for the slow cooker!

I tried the Angel Chicken last night and it was fabulous!  We got home a little later than expected, and the chicken was still not overcooked.  Next time I think I would double the recipe but leave the chicken the same, just to make more of the delicious sauce!

It's not a very photogenic recipe, so I skipped taking a picture.  I found that the chicken shredded rather than cut nicely as shown in the Crockin' Girls photo!  I shredded the chicken and added it back into the crock pot, which created a creamed chicken sort of texture.

Angel Chicken

Ingredients
  • 4 to 6 Chicken Breasts
  • 1/4 Cup Butter (I just cut it up in cubes and mixed it in)                      
  • 1/2 Package Dry Italian salad dressing mix
  • 1 Can Cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 Cup Dry white wine
  • 4 Ounces Cream cheese with onions and chives
  • 1 Box penne pasta
  • Chives, for garnish                       
Directions
  1. Step One

    Put all ingredients in the slow cooker except pasta
  2. Step Two

    Cook on low for 7-8 hours
  3. Step Three

    When the chicken mixture is done, prepare penne pasta according to package directions; drain
  4. Step Four

    Mix pasta with chicken. Serve in a large bowl with chives sprinkled on top

No comments:

Post a Comment