If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Friday, May 29, 2015

Rosemary Oven-Fried Chicken

I saw this recipe last week on a blog I follow (she posts her blog updates to facebook to make it easy for me!).  I ended up using a bit more buttermilk as it didn't seem like enough in my pie plate (that's a great tip from Sally), and used regular panko, not whole-wheat.  I cut back on the ground red pepper, but the boyfriend still said he felt like his lips were burning, but he had seconds anyway!  I also used Sally's tip about using a mini food processor to chop the cashews and rosemary together.  My only problem was I had no idea how to measure the rosemary before the chopping.  So I'm pretty sure I used more than called for, but since we like rosemary, I wasn't concerned.






INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 (4-ounce) chicken cutlets
1/3 cup whole-wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1/3 cup finely chopped dry-roasted cashews
3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Cooking spray
4 teaspoons honey
INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken to buttermilk mixture, turning to coat.
Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add panko to pan; cook 3 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Combine panko, cashews, and next 4 ingredients (through ground red pepper) in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture; dredge in panko mixture.
Arrange chicken on a wire rack coated with cooking spray in a foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Drizzle each cutlet with 1 teaspoon honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment