If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Two Sauce Lasagna

I absolutely LOVE this recipe!!  I cut it out of a Classico ad years ago.  I don't like meat in my lasagna, so I've always skipped that part.  However, it recently came to light that CHRIS loves lasagna with meat!  So I'm making it half and half from now on.  I cut up homemade meatballs for his side instead of sausage.

The only thing I changed in this recipe is I mix the spinach into the cheese mixture.  It's easier to deal with that way instead of trying to spread spinach over cheese.

I usually make my own sauce, but you can easily use jarred sauce instead, as the recipe calls for.

Two Sauce Lasagna

12 lasagna noodles
1 15 ounce container ricotta
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
2 eggs
1 26 ounce jar tomato sauce
1 10 ounce package chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
1 lb Italian sausage, browned and drained
1 16 ounce jar Alfredo sauce

In a large bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, 2 Tbsp Parmesan and eggs.  Mix well.

In a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce.  Layer 4 lasagna noodles over sauce.  Top with half each of cheese mixture, spinach, tomato sauce, and sausage.  Repeat layers.  Top with 4 remaining lasagna noodles.  Spread Alfredo sauce over the top.  Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.

Cover and bake 350 for 40 minutes.  Uncover.  Bake 15 minutes more or until bubbly.  Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment