If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

We love anything around here that tastes like Buffalo wings!  So I had to give this recipe a try.

It was simple and tasty.  But I have an issue with "sogginess," so leftovers weren't that pleasant for me (I used flour tortillas, which might account for the sog factor).  Yet, I loved the taste of this recipe.  Next time I am going to see what it's like in a casserole format, like the Easy Taco Casserole.  Or maybe I'll just try the corn tortillas!

I cooked chicken tenders I had in the freezer instead of shredding a rotisserie chicken.  I cut them in half and cooked them in hot oil, leaving them undisturbed for several minutes so they would brown on one side.  I also used ranch instead of bleu cheese because Chris doesn't like it.

This recipe came from the October/November 2014 issue of Taste of Home.

Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 10 oz can enchilada sauce
1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce
1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
12 6 inch corn tortillas, warmed
1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp chili powder

Optional toppings:  sour cream, green onions, additional Buffalo wing sauce

Preheat oven to 350.  In a large bowl, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, and wing sauce.  Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese.

Place 1/4 cup of chicken mixture off center on each tortilla.  Roll up and place in greased 13 x 9 pan, seam side down.

In a small bowl, mix soup, salad dressing and milk.  Pour over enchiladas.  Sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Top with chili powder.

Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment