If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Pasta Puttanesca


I had never had pasta puttanesca, but then I saw it made on a local news channel. I had some confusion about the amounts and also referred to the Martha Stewart version. Over the past few years, I've made it my own, adding a jar of marinated artichokes, because I like them. This is my version. It makes a hearty two servings.


1/2 lb linguine
1 1/2 T olive oil
3 medium cloves garlic, minced or 1-2 cloves crushed and a small onion chopped
dash to 1/4 tsp crushed red-pepper flakes
1 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes
abt 2 T capers, drained
abt 1/2 c olives, quartered
1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped

Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook pasta until al dente.
While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a deep-sided skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and red-pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, until aromatic, 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes, capers, and olives. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
Stir pasta into sauce. Cook, stirring, until sauce clings to pasta, about 2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment