If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Crustless Cranberry Pie


My friend Erin posted this link on Facebook and said how much she loved it.  She's a fellow foodie, so I had to try it.  And it was FABULOUS!

She said she tweaked the recipe a bit, using vanilla extract instead of almond extract.  I did that too, since I like almond but I don't love almond.  I also used nut topping instead of the walnuts, because it's a nice mixture of nuts.  And walnuts can be too bitter for me.

This isn't really a pie, and it's not really a cake.  The best way to describe it is a muffin.  Next time I think I'll sprinkle some sugar on top of the batter, which is a trick another friend taught me years ago when you make homemade muffins.  It makes them taste like they came straight from a bakery.

It is also ridiculously simple.  I will definitely be making this again!

This recipe is from allrecipes.com.  Click here for the original link, which includes lots of reviews and the ways that people have altered the recipe to suittheir own tastes.

Crustless Cranberry Pie

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups cranberries (I used fresh)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I used nut topping)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract (I used vanilla)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 inch pie pan.

Combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts, and toss to coat. Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. If you are using frozen cranberries, the mixture will be very thick. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment