If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Dinner Rolls


I love my bread machine.  And yet, I haven't used since we moved into our house three years ago!  I finally got it out again and made these delicious dinner rolls the other night for dinner.

The recipe comes from Gold Medal's Best Bread Machine Recipes cookbook.  I bought it at least 10 years ago.  I rearranged the ingredients in the order my bread machine suggests.  Check yours to be sure it's the same.

In my machine, the total prep time for this recipe is 2 hours and 10 minutes, so I have to plan accordingly in advance!

Dinner Rolls

1 cup water
1 egg
2 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 1/4 cups flour
3 tsp yeast

Measure carefully, placing all ingredients in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.

Select Dough/Manual cycle.  Do not use Delay cycle. (My bread machine takes 1 hour and 20 minutes to do this)

Remove dough from pan, using lightly floured hands.  Cover and let rest 10 minutes on lightly floured surface.

Grease large cookie sheet.  Divide dough into 15 equal pieces.  Shape each piece into a ball.  Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.  Cover and let rise in a warm place 30-40 minutes or until double.  (Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.)

Heat oven to 375. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.  Brush tops with melted butter if desired.  Serve warm, or cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment