If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chicken-Cheese Enchiladas

Betsy asked me to share this super easy recipe for enchiladas.  It's from a spiral-bound Campbell's cookbook called Fabulous One-Dish Recipes (published in 1992!) that my grandmother gave me when I got my first apartment in grad school.  Back then I couldn't cook anything if it didn't have soup in it!

This remains one of my husband's favorite meals, all these years later.  In fact, since it's a spiral cookbook, I always leave the cookbook open to this page!

These are not "true" traditional Mexican enchiladas -- they are an Americanized version.  But still YUMMY!

I'll post a photo next time I make it.

Chicken-Cheese Enchiladas

1 can Campbell's Nacho Cheese soup (I usually use Cheddar Cheese soup)
1/2 cup milk
2 cups cooked diced chicken
1/2 cup salsa (I use the WHOLE JAR -- it makes them much better!)
1 4oz can chopped green chilies
1 tsp chili powder
8 flour tortillas (8 inches each)

1.  In small bowl, combine soup and milk.  Set aside.

2.  In medium bowl, combine chicken, salsa, chilies, chili powder and 2 Tbsp of soup mixture.

3.  To make enchiladas, along one side of each tortilla, spread about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture.  Roll up each tortilla jelly-roll fashion.  Place seamside down in greased 3-quart oblong baking dish.

4.  Spread reamining soup mixture over enchiladas.  Cover with foil.  Bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment