If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ham Tetrazzini


I served this dish for my very first dinner party in Cooperstown back in 1997 (of course, it has soup in it!).  It was a hit with my "friend" Chris then, and it's a hit with my husband Chris today!

This recipe comes from my mom.  I have no idea where she got it from, but it is real comfort food for me.  It's quick and easy, and makes a delicious weeknight dinner.

Ham Tetrazzini

1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbsp butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 to 1/2 soup can water (add until desired consistency)
1 tsp parsley
2 ham steaks, cubed
3/4 block extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I like white because it looks better)
8 oz egg noodles

Cook egg noodles according to the package directions.

Melt the butter in a frying pan.  Cook onions until soft and slightly carmelized.  Add soup and water.  Stir to mix.  Cook on low-medium heat for 5 minutes. 

Add parsley, ham cubes and shredded cheese.  Cook and stir until cheese is melted and ham is heated through.

Stir sauce into egg noodles and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment