If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Corn Chowder


My sister gave me this recipe.  She got it from a friend whose grandmother used to make it.  It is FANTASTIC.  Just a little bit sweet.  It makes a great first course, side dish or even the main meal, served with cheddar biscuits or crusty bread and butter.
Since it is an "heirloom" recipe, it is a little vague.  Cut up a small onion to begin with.  If you want more, add some more next time you make it.  I confess, I made this back in November and I don't remember how much onion I used!  (It freezes very well!)
The only thing I would do differently next time is drain the canned corn (not the creamed corn) to make it thicker and more "chowder like."


Corn Chowder

½ stick butter
1 pint of half-and-half or heavy cream4 big potatoes cut up
onions
2 cans creamed corn
1 can regular corn (drained)
Salt & pepper to taste
chicken broth (optional instead of water)


Put butter, half-and-half or cream, potatoes and onions in pan with enough water (I used chicken broth to add a little flavor) to cover, add corn when potatoes are soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment