If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fettuccine al Limone (Lemon Fettuccine)

I have been the Museums Editor at BellaOnline for six years.  We have over 400 sites, including several food topics.  This recipe comes from Paula Laurita, the Italian Food Editor.  I originally posted just the link to her recipe, but she recently announced she was leaving BellaOnline and I decided I better copy and paste it here so we didn't lose it!  It's a gem of a recipe.

I like mine a little creamier, so I use half a pound of linguine instead of a whole pound of fettucine.  And I add the Parmesan cheese right into the sauce, because I rarely buy it and grate it myself.  The store bought stuff melts into the sauce better that way.

I also add chicken to mine.  I saute bite-sized pieces in olive oil and minced garlic after sprinkling them with a little salt and pepper.  I have also made it with shrimp and that is extra delicious.

This recipe is SO GOOD we eat it for special occasions (like Valentine's Day!) and just a regular weeknight dinner.  You'll love it.  Trust me.  My printed copy is covered in butter and lemon juice splatters from years of enjoying it!

Fettucine al Limone

Ingredients
  • 1 pound fettuccine
  • 3 Tbs butter
  • 2 Tbs lemon juice, freshly squeezed
  • 1 tsp lemon zest, finely chopped
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • salt
  • black pepper, freshly ground
  • 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions
  1. Boil the water for the pasta.
  2. Put butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a skillet over a medium-high heat. After the butter has melted, let the mixture bubble for 30 seconds. Do not let the butter brown.
  3. Pour in the cream. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce is reduced by half.
  4. Remove from the heat.
  5. After the pasta is cooked, drain and pour into the skillet. Return the skillet to a medium heat and toss the pasta with the sauce.
  6. Add the grated cheese and toss.
  7. Serve immediately.
Note:  For a special touch add cooked shrimp or lobster to the sauce. Serve with a green salad and a white Italian wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment