If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chicken Stir Fry


This is not your typical stir fry.  It is Asian, for sure, but I think of stir fry as having more vegetables in it, served over rice.  This is served with angel hair in a yummy sauce.

Regardless, this recipe is quick, easy and delicious!

Our preferred grocery store stopped carrying this flavor of Kraft dressing.  We've tried others, and none of them are quite right.  I finally did a search on Kraft's website to find out who sold it near me.  Happily, I found it again!

This recipe was on the cover of the Fall 2007 issue of Kraft Food & Family magazine.

Chicken Stir Fry

8 oz angel hair pasta
2 cups broccoli florets
1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (I always skip this)
1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped (I never chop them)

Cook pasta as directed, adding broccoli to boiling water for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time.

Spray a large nonstick pan with cooking spray.  (I prefer olive oil with a little minced garlic, salt and fresh ground pepper)  Heat on medium-high.  Add chicken and cook 6-8 minutes or until cooked through. 

Stir in dressing, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper (I mix it in the measuring cup first).  Cook 1 minute, stirring ocassionally.

Drain pasta and return to pan.  Add chicken mixture and stir lightly.  Sprinkle each serving with peanuts.  (I just add the peanuts into the mixture before I combine it)

No comments:

Post a Comment