If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Scalloped Corn

This recipe is from my mother's copy of Better Homes and Gardens. I'm sure they still publish it, but I've adjusted the milk measurement, since the original said to use either whole kernel or cream style corn and I use a combination. I think that gives the best result, enough whole kernels and enough creaminess.

1 regular can whole kernel corn
1 regular can cream style corn
10 oz milk
2 cups saltine cracker crumbs, plus more for top (about 1 sleeve)
dried minced onion to taste
4 Tbs butter

Combine corns, milk, cracker crumbs, and onion. Pour into greased 2 qt casserole, sprinkle additional cracker crumbs, dot with butter. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. 12 servings (officially -- it never seems to go that far around here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment