If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Special Sauce


I'm not kidding, this is what this yummy sauce is called!

It was fantastic on a cheeseburger tonight.  I whipped it up with what I have in the kitchen, and I did not have adobo sauce or celery salt.  It was delicious without it.  [Now I make it with celery seeds, which adds a wonderful flavor without salt]

It comes from the June 2011 issue of Bon Appetit.

Special Sauce

1/2 cup mayo
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp finely grated onion (unless you love onions, I'd half this next time OR use a Vidalia onion instead*)
1 Tbsp sweet or dill pickle relish
2 tsp adobo sauce from canned chipotle chilies in adobo [I skipped this]
1/8 tsp celery salt [I use celery seeds instead]
1/8 tsp kosher salt

Combine ingredients in a medium bowl and serve with burgers.

* It occurred to me last night that this sauce would be FANTASTIC if you finely chopped the onions instead of grating them and carmelized them first.  YUM!  [That's the only way I make it now!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment