If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Kellie’s Mom’s Sour Cream Cookies


I haven't made cut out cookies in ages (no room in the old place for rolling and cutting), and I've never made a sour cream cookie before, so I was intrigued by the recipe I found on Kellie Martin's blog. The cookies came out delicious and are definitely being added to the cookie collection. And yes, the frosting might look more peach than orange - my food colorings were the pastel ones. And no, I didn't have any other decorations to put on them... besides, I only wanted to spend so long on decorating - I wanted to try them!

3 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 ½ tsp vanilla
½ cup sour cream

- Combine flour, soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.

- In the bowl of a mixer mix the butter, sugar, and egg on a medium speed for about 2 minutes, until smooth.

- On low speed add sour cream and vanilla to butter mixture.

- Add half of the flour mixture and mix for about 1 minute. Turn off mixer and add the rest of the flour stirring with a wooden spoon.

- Roll dough out to ¼ inch thick. Use cute Christmas cookie cutters!

- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes (do not allow the cookies to brown).

No comments:

Post a Comment