If you love to cook, you've come to the right place! Every recipe you'll find here has been made by one of us in our home kitchen. Each one is good enough to share with our friends.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lentil Stew

I've been hunting for a recipe similar to a dish I had at a friend's years ago. I found this Knorr one and although I can't even recall what my friend's tasted like now, I think this came out pretty tasty. The boyfriend put it together as I had to dash off to work unexpectedly. He thought maybe adding some corn would be nice another time.


PREP TIME: 15 Minute(s)
COOK TIME: 4 Hour(s)
INGREDIENTS
3 cups water
3 medium carrots, chopped
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 medium onion, chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 cup dried lentils
3 Knorr® Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cube, crumbled
1/2 tsp. curry powder or ground cumin (optional)
PREPARATION

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH 4 to 6 hours. Serve, if desired, with sour cream, yogurt and/or chopped fresh cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment